This'll only hurt a little bit.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Your cell phone

I don't know about where you live, but here in LA, when you dial 911 on your cellular phone, you get connected to the CHP. This is a throwback to when they were CAR phones.

Now-a-days, they are a primary means of communication (I don't even have a land line - haven't since 2002). As such, I have found that programming my local police department's number in as a separate entry to be much better for getting the police to respond. I have both the emergency and non-emergency numbers in there (not everything you call the cops about is sirens wailing, guns drawn action).

Just put the entry under police, and if your phone is the asshole kind that asks you "Which number?", just put the digits in every space. Mobile, home, work, mobile 2, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home